10.23.2014

Day 23: Strong

Have you had a Chick-Fil-A kids meal lately? No? Let me welcome you to my world!

Right now they have a little doodad of a toy that kind of resembles one of those circular toys where you pulled the arm down, and an arrow spun, and it made a farm animal noise or some sort of song. Anyways, the CFA toy is a miniature version of that, except that an adjective pops up when you pull the lever, and you're supposed to find something in the room that fits the description.

They "easy" side has colors and a few other concrete choices. The "not so easy" side is a little more complex, but surprisingly (or maybe not, knowing her propensity for a ridiculous vocabulary at the age of 3, almost 4 years old), Miss E was obsessed and loves, loves, loves this game.

Two words came up that made me wonder what she might say: funny and strong.

Maybe because I want to think I'm funny, and I want to think I'm strong, but sometimes I let myself think that I'm always falling short. Thank you, Chick-Fil-A, for our deep thought of yesterday afternoon.

Strong? Not so easy...
The three year old didn't point to momma or brother or daddy when the word was strong popped up in the window, she pointed to herself. When I asked her what it means, to be strong, she said, "I don't really know. I just am." And then she made her muscles with her arms and said, "ARGGGH!"

Both times, she pointed to herself. Because she is strong and mighty and brave. And hilarious. She doesn't have the life experience (thank God) of the Enemy seeping into the small crevices of her mind to tell her otherwise. She knows God says that she is loved, that she's protected, that she's an incredible work of art (Ephesians 2:10) and she believes Him.

So why don't we?

Here's a few little reminders on this cool Thursday morning, just to get your blood moving and your mind headed in the right direction as you start your day:

You are a child of God. 
Galatians 3:26

You are greatly loved. 
Romans 5:8

You will not be condemned by God.  
Romans 8:1
You are wise, righteous, sanctified, and redeemed. 
1 Corinthians 1:30

Your body is a temple. 
1 Corinthians 6:19

You are free in Christ
Galatians 5:1

You are chosen, blameless and holy before God. 
Ephesians 1:4

You are complete in Christ. 
Colossians 2:10

Hope y'all have a fantastic day!

xoxo, k.

5 comments:

  1. Aw man...just what I needed today. These affirmations are beautiful, and much needed for this person who questions her strength and resiliency far too often!

    Did I mention yet that I love your series? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I'm so happy it spoke to you. You're the best, Jen!

      Delete
  2. Love!! "And a little child shall lead them!" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! This little thing has taught me more than I could have ever imagined :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing this! I have drafted a post about believing the lies, too. I'm glad you have a walking, talking reminder of the assurance we have in Christ.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs